Monday, November 5, 2012

My first painting from art class - The Penguins

'The Penguins' was taken from some penguins in an educational children's book. I lost that such book after drawing up the penguins in pencil and so had to guess the rest of the colours. It was my first proper painting and the first big final I did in my new art class.
2012, age sixteen. Acryllic paint on canvas.
There is actually a stuff up in there where I didn't completely cover up a penguin I decided was ruining the picture. Nobody seems to notice though, so I don't mind that much. This particular picture is slightly incorrect as to the colours of the actual painting, the black is much more purpley in the real one. 
Thanks again to my art teacher, Bob Hickman and my "classmates". This painting was entered into a show, but didn't win anything. Some photographs won.

No comments:

Post a Comment