Monday, November 5, 2012

First commission sold - Jazza the Horse

My first paid commission finished. The horse's name is Jazza and is 28 years old and was being given as a present. There were a few things I would have liked to improve, but it was quite hard to do, so I just tried my best to work with it. The person I was doing it for seemed quite pleased with it and that was really nice for me to know that she liked it. The tree also has significance. I found the time restraint quite hard and spent my entire first week of my holidays doing this and the second week doing homework. It was a fun holidays.
2012, aged sixteen. Different grades of pencil on acid-free paper
When I finished it I wasn't sure whether I should guillotine some of the paper off the side. I didn't end up doing it, but I wanted to. I was worried I was losing track of the true contrasts in the horse's hair as I was getting so caught up in the detail. I sold this for $50.






No comments:

Post a Comment